The Rutherford Technology High School Aboriginal Learning and Engagement Centre initiative provides wellbeing, academic and cultural support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to enhance educational outcomes.
Key focus areas of the Learning and Engagement Centre are to improve student engagement, attendance, retention, HSC attainment and support for students at key transition points.
The Learning and Engagement Centre provides personalised support to
· increase the proportion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students attaining Year 12 while maintaining their cultural identity
· improve the educational outcomes and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students so that they excel and achieve in every aspect of their education
· ensure collaborative decision making with Aboriginal peoples, parents and carers, families and their communities
· meet the learning needs and support the cultural knowledge and identity of every Aboriginal student
· ensure that every targeted Aboriginal student is known, valued and care for.
Aboriginal Learning and Engagement Centre Staff 2023
Mrs Michelle Keyes (Head Teacher)
Mrs Rebecca Chapman (Tu-F)
Ms Chris Crump (M, Tu, Thu & F)
Ms Robyn Draper (M & Tu)
Mr Jesse Knight (Tu-F)
Mrs Barbara Meister